The purpose of all LES standards in the field of intellectual property is to develop management frameworks and business process standards that accomplish one or more of the following objectives:
- Make good IP management and transaction practice more understandable and accessible throughout the enterprise, from the boardroom down to individual contributors
- Improve the practice of IP management and, by doing so, enhance shareholder value and mitigate litigation risk through the establishment of safe harbors
- Enhance the efficiency of and reduce the cost and time required to do IP transactions and management
- Establish expectations for how an enterprise manages and protects IP in its relationships with third parties
- Protect and preserve IP value for innovative individuals and enterprises
- Encourage investment in innovation and enhance the economic well-being of society
The Licensing Executive Society Standards Development Organization (LES SDO) is soliciting volunteers to join our Standards setting Committees as well as the Consensus Body Partnership (CSP). Any interested parties are invited to join the LES SDO or the CSP by applying for a LES Standards Enterprise membership or CSP membership. Please visit the Licensing Executive Society USA & Canada Standards Development webpage to learn more about our Committees and join. The cost for joining the SDO is $500 and the CSP is $250. An Enterprise Membership includes a CSP membership. Be a part of creating a first American National Standard Institute Standard on IP! If you have any questions, please contact Terracia King at [email protected], or Alex Rehmeier 949 636 9442 or [email protected]. Join us today!