LES members encompass a highly diverse community of thousands of expert practitioners in intellectual property and licensing across all industry sectors. When you join LES, you join them, and have access to the best and brightest minds in the IP ecosystem. As a member of LES International, LES provides USA and Canada members access to a global network and a range of resources to help you navigate the business of intellectual property.
LES offers high-level insight into dealmaking, intellectual property, industry trends, public policy, and standards. We provide exclusive Deal Term and Royalty Rate Surveys featuring data and analysis for multiple industries, and have a deep archive of educational material, including courses, webinars, best practices, a career center, and more.
LES is the place to expand your business connections and opportunities. We are a welcoming business community dedicated to helping our members leverage intellectual property to grow their business and protect their intangible assets against risk. You can tap into the power of our network of IP and licensing professionals through local chapters and our global member directory.
LES membership provides opportunities for collaboration, networking, professional growth, research and standards setting; in other words, opportunities to shape your future and the very future of the IP industry.
Individual Membership: $395 Annually
Any single person of good ethical reputation and business affiliation who subscribes to the society’s rules of conduct for members, and who, in business or professional activities, has significant responsibility for the licensing or transfer of industrial or intellectual property rights, or for other substantial action relating thereto, shall qualify as an active member.
IP Owner Group Membership: $1,995
For $1,995, up to 15 employees of your IP Owner organization can join LES as members
- This represents up to $3,930 in savings over individual membership
- Special Pricing is available if you wish to enroll more than 15 members
- “IP Owners” include Operating Companies* owning Intellectual Property/IP, Academia (educational, non-profit and/or research institutions) owning IP, and US government entities (register by entity)
- *Operating Companies: This category includes commercial entities that develop and sell intellectual property based products and services: whether hardware-based, software-based, or information-based; whether chemical-based or material-based; whether energy-based, communication-based, or transportation-based; whether utility-based or security-based; whether reseller-based or financially-based; whether food-based or beverage-based; whether travel-based or entertainment-based; or whether based on any other type of field or value proposition outside the categories of Patent Licensing Firms, Intellectual Property Brokers, Intellectual Property Consultancies/Agents, Intellectual Property Law Firms, and Intellectual Property Management/Transaction Software, Software Services, and Information Services Firms.
Includes the following Special Benefits:
- Pay for one of your LES members to attend a ½ day virtual meeting, and have the rest of the LES members in your organization attend for free (one ½ day meeting per year).
- Virtual education class discount – Buy one attendee, get one free.
- Permanent early bird pricing for LES members of your organization to attend the Annual Meeting.
- Access to LES Deal Term and Royalty Rate Surveys, including the upcoming 2021 High Tech and Life Sciences Surveys for all members.
- All members designated by their organization receive full membership benefits, including free webinars, discounts for LES events and access to member-only documents.
Contact IPOwne[email protected] to learn more.
Student Member: $55 Annually
In accordance with Article 2.5 of the LES Bylaws, a student member is defined as:
Any single person not qualified under any other class of membership who is regularly enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate student of an accredited college, university, or post-graduate school and has a bona fide interest in the profession. Such membership shall continue until the close of the fiscal year of the society in which such person ceases to meet such qualifications.
To apply for this membership category download the application here.
* This category of membership currently receives all benefits associated with LES membership.
Membership Emeritus: $195 Annually
For more information on this category please contact [email protected] or 703-234-4059.
LES Membership Benefits
- Networking and knowledge-sharing
- Valuable discounts on events and courses including:
- Professional Development opportunities
- Annual Meeting and Chapter events
- Online and in-person courses and workshops
- FREE Webinars
- $69 per webinar for non-members
- Free access to global business/legal resources to facilitate international deal-making
- LES/LESI Global Membership Directory (9,000+ members)
- Exclusive Deal Terms, Royalty Rates, and Compensation Surveys
- Industry publications covering the latest industry trends, including The Pulse, les Nouvelles, LES Viewpoints, and LESI Global News
- Online Career Center to discover new career opportunities and resources or look for new talent for your company
- Member Benefit Partners Program that provides discounts on business and travel services