June 2021 – LES held a Half Day Event – IP Valuation in Deal Making: Emerging Assets and Opportunity – The full meeting is now available OnDemand.
The pricing is:
To purchase the full meeting recording click here.
Keynote: Dan McCurdy, CEO of RPX Corporation
Panel 1: IP Valuation in Executing Deals
Panelists representing a broad cross-section of the patent monetization ecosystem will share their diverse perspectives on various aspects of patent valuation. Key topics will include the role of context in valuation, frameworks used to assess value, the impact of valuation to guide deal structures, etc. To put the discussion in context, the panelist will try to share real-world examples of how they have applied these valuation frameworks on past deals to ensure successful outcomes.
- Moderator: Supreet Saini, Senior Vice President at Stout
- Jerry Padian, Managing Director at Atlantic IP
- Josh Meltzer, Managing Director at Woodsford
- Eric Olsen, Exec VP and Head of Acquisitions at RPX
- Scott Williams, VP, Licensing & Technology Ventures at GE
Data assets are now a key driver of corporate value. Starting with software companies such as Facebook and Google, and proliferating into the automotive and other leading industries, data-centric innovation is rapidly reshaping the competitive landscape and has been fueled by advancements in the internet of things (IoT), autonomous systems, connected devices and vehicles, and artificial intelligence (AI). The tremendous value of data is widely recognized, but navigating the complex minefield of ownership, protection and privacy issues can be crucial to effective data monetization and business survival. This panel of experts will explore the state-of-the-art in data rights, data protection and licensing strategies, prevailing and emerging monetization business models, and perspectives from industry leaders in managing and leveraging data from internal sources, external users, and along the supply chain. The panel will include an IP attorney specializing in data, privacy, and licensing matters, an IP valuation expert who is actively engaged in valuing data assets, as well as industry leaders with unique insights on optimizing data and its value.
- Moderator: Sam Wiley, Connected Innovation Intelligence Evangelist at PatSnap
- Efrat Kasznik, President, Foresight Valuation Group
- Michael Fluhler, Managing Partner, Rocklaw PLLC
- Hank Skorny, President of Aptiv Connected Services, Aptiv
- Shmuel Bulka, General Counsel, Americas for Refinitiv