The LES Deals of Distinction Award (DDA) is an annual industry sector award program of LES (U.S.A. & Canada), which aspires to recognize worthy licensing deals and promote creative and innovative solutions to business issues involving contracts.
Each of the LES (U.S.A. & Canada) Industry Sector Committees has the option to make an award to whom they feel has completed the most deserving deal from within their field.
2022 Deals of Distinction Award Winners
Industry-University-Government Interface Sector
“COVID-19 Technologies Licensed Globally Through WHO Program”
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medicines Patent Pool (MPP)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Life Sciences Sector
“Technology Increasing the Specificity and Effectiveness of IgM Antibody Medicines”
- IGM Biosciences
Physical Sciences Sector
“Technology for Safe Lithium Ion Battery Separators”
- Optodot Corporation
- Meta Materials Inc. (META®)
High Technology Sector
“Avanci Connected Vehicles and IoT Devices Licensing Platform”
- Avanci, LLC
- Automotive Industry
Nominate a Deal
Of the deals announced in your industry over the past year, can you think of a worthy candidate?
Consider the criteria below and submit your information using the Deals of Distinction Nomination Form
- The Award may be granted to a representative from each party of the selected deal wherein the transaction was announced in the past year and had a significant licensing component.
- Wherein further at least one party to the selected deal is an organization based in the territories of LES (U.S. or Canada).
- All types of licensing and technology transfer subject matter will be considered, and the selection criteria will include:
- Creative solution to the business issues,
- Novel structure for terms, and/or
- A deal that is seen as a “seismic event” and signals a major change for the art of licensing in your Industry Sector
(Other qualifications, such as LES membership, will be vetted by the DDA Awards Subcommittee.)
Submissions are due by August 11, 2023.