The LES Deals of Distinction Award (DDA) is an annual industry sector award program of LES (U.S.A. & Canada), which aspires to recognize worthy licensing deals and promote creative and innovative solutions to business issues involving contracts.
Each of the LES (U.S.A. & Canada) Industry Sector Committees has the option to make an award to whom they feel has completed the most deserving deal from within their field.
2023 Deals of Distinction Award Winners
Brands as a Business Sector
“AI Designed Metaverse Barbie Fashion Collection and the Virtual Retail Network”
- Virtual Brand Group
High Technology Sector
“Global Patent Cross-License Agreement Relating to Cellular Technologies”
Industry-University-Government Interface Sector
“FDA approval of first gene therapy (* HEMGENIX) for adults with hemophilia B”
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- uniCure N.V. and global partner CSL Behring
Life Sciences Sector
“Strategic Collaboration and Option Agreement to Advance Innovative Targeted Protein Degraders”
- Astellas Pharma Inc
- Cullgen Inc.
Nominate a Deal
Of the deals announced in your industry over the past year, can you think of a worthy candidate?
Consider the criteria below and submit your information using the Deals of Distinction Nomination Form
- The Award may be granted to a representative from each party of the selected deal wherein the transaction was announced in the past year and had a significant licensing component.
- Wherein further at least one party to the selected deal is an organization based in the territories of LES (U.S. or Canada).
- All types of licensing and technology transfer subject matter will be considered, and the selection criteria will include:
- Creative solution to the business issues,
- Novel structure for terms, and/or
- A deal that is seen as a “seismic event” and signals a major change for the art of licensing in your Industry Sector
(Other qualifications, such as LES membership, will be vetted by the DDA Awards Subcommittee.)
Submissions are due by August 9, 2024.