2019-01-14 12.00 EEC January 2019 Webinar-Identifying and Navigating Price and Access Hurdles in Licensing and Sales/Acquisitions for Early Stage Assets
Identifying and Navigating Price and Access Hurdles
in Licensing and Sales/Acquisitions for Early Stage Assets in the Life Sciences
Even for innovative assets such as the PCSK9s, access can be restricted impacting the expected utilization. Or payers can provide access but patients, such as those on Medicare Part D, are not willing to pay the out-of-pocket for coinsurance which can top 33% on the specialty tier.
Because of these and other market access risks in valuations, investors and potential licensees are now routinely engaging consultancies to independently assess pricing and access assumptions and estimates of gross to net for investments, even in early stage assets.
While much of the focus has been on price, it is the value which is the responsibility of the emerging enterprise to identify and then support with evidence prior to launch or much of the potential of the opportunity may be lost.
The objectives of this webinar are to:
- Describe how and when to characterize the market access landscape and assess price and access in the partnering process
- Identify a process to develop initial market access evidence to support partnering and commercialization
The content will:
- Identify reimbursement hurdles
- Discuss risk assessment of these hurdles in the valuation of the asset
- Share trends that show pricing and access will be more challenging in the future
- Describe a general market access assessment process based on the stage of the asset
- Provide guidance on assessing the market access evidence of a seller
- Provide questions to ask of value and access consultancies which you are evaluating for support of your assets
- Present examples of case histories
- Answer your questions submitted on-line
By downloading this recording, you submit your information to the webinar organizer, who will use it to communicate with you regarding LES events and their other services. You will have the ability to unsubscribe from these communications going forward.