LICENSING EXECUTIVES SOCIETY (U.S.A. & Canada), Inc.
Date and Version:
DATE OF LAST REVISION: July 17, 2020
VERSION NO.: 1.0
The Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. & Canada), Inc. (“LES” or “we”, “us”, or “our”) provide this Privacy Notice to inform you of our policy relating to the processing of your personal information. We take your privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting personal data that we receive from you. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which we will process your personal information. Please read it carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how we will use it. If you reside in the EU, the data controller (as defined under EU data protection law) will be LES.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, your personal information, or would like to exercise any rights that you may have in relation to your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]
What Types Of Data Are Protected?
A. Personal data:
This Privacy Notice applies to your personal data, which is any information relating to you as an identified or identifiable person. For purposes of this Privacy Notice, your personal data may also be referred to as personal information.
B. Special categories of personal data:
We recognize that in certain contexts, we may collect personal data from one or more of the “special categories of personal data” (as defined under EU data protection laws) which are subject to a greater degree of protection.
What Information Do We Process?
The processing activities we engage in with respect to personal data you provide to the us depends on the nature of our exchanges with you.
A. Personal data we process:
We may process one or more of the following types of personal information, depending on the context:
|Interactions with our website||Name, Personal contact details (e.g., personal email address, personal address, telephone number(s))Company contact details (e.g., company name, position, business email address, business address, telephone number(s))|
|Interactions related to event invitations, updates, or other marketing materials||Name, Personal contact details (e.g., personal email address, personal address, telephone number(s))Company contact details (e.g., company name, position, business email address, business address, telephone number(s))Communication preferences (e.g., type, frequency, feedback, continuation)Information collected through our e-mail systems (e.g., opening emails, clicking links in emails)Other information, such as for purposes of attending an event or for purposes of providing feedback|
B. Personal data that we may collect through cookies:
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard-drive for record-keeping purposes.
What Do We Do With Your Information and On What Basis?
A. Ways we process your personal data:
We may process your personal data in one or more of following ways:
- Collecting your personal data, such as through our website, from conversations, emails, or meetings with us, or from third parties.
- Recording your personal data, such as through electronic or handwritten notes that we make.
- Organizing and storing your personal data, such as on our servers, in our management systems, in our employee’s email inbox folders, with cloud-based services, or in hard copy files.
- Using your personal data, such as to provide our services to you, or address any preferences, complaints, or comments that you have.
- Disclosing your personal data within LES or to third parties, such as where necessary, appropriate and/or as required by law (see section 5 providing more information on this below).
B. Our purposes for processing your personal data:
We may process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- To process and manage the provision of our services to you;
- To facilitate your use of the LES website;
- To create and deliver personalized communications that are relevant to your preferences;
- To provide invitations to events or other meetings;
- To respond to your questions, comments, complaints, or requests; and/or
- To comply with our legal obligations.
C. Legal basis for processing your personal data
We may process your personal data on one or more of the following bases:
- To perform under a contract with you;
- To facilitate your use of the LES website;
- To comply with our legal obligations; and/or
- In pursuit of our legitimate interests.
Our legitimate interests include one or more of the following:
- Maintaining and managing our communications with you;
- Expanding our service offerings;
- Growing our business; and/or
- Expanding our professional networks.
How Do We Disclosure Your Information?
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your personal data with others, except in the following circumstances:
- Service providers – we may disclose your personal data to third-party service providers, such as website hosting, information technology services, auditing services, consultancy services, regulatory services, and legal services.
- Government Agencies – we may disclosure your personal data to government agencies as required, for example to provide services, at your direction.
- To fulfill your option to share our website content with third parties – using the sharing features on our website (to share content with Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter, for example).
- Legal reasons – we may use or disclose your personal data as we deem necessary or appropriate under applicable laws.
Do We Retain Your Data?
What Rights Do You Have With Respect To Your Personal Data?
If you are an EU resident, you may have the following rights with respect to the personal data you provide to us, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws:
- To withdraw any consent that you have provided to us to process your personal data.
- To access or rectify your personal data.
- To have your personal data erased if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was processed; you have withdrawn your consent to its processing; or you object to its processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue its processing.
- To have the processing of your personal data restricted if you contest its accuracy, its processing is unlawful, we no longer need it but you need it for a legal claim, or you have objected to its processing and await verification of our legitimate grounds for processing it.
- To have your personal data transferred to another company under certain circumstances.
- To complain to your national data protection regulator if you feel that your personal data has been unlawfully processed.
To make inquiry regarding these rights or to make a request with regard to one of these rights, please contact [email protected] Please be prepared to provide information that will allow us to confirm your identity and indicate the nature of our exchanges with you. By providing us this information it will enable us to better respond to your inquiry.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to protect the personal data that we collect, consistent with applicable privacy and security laws. These security measures are designed to prevent unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, and unlawful destruction or accidental loss of your personal data.
Links To Third-Party Sites:
Our website may include links to other sites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for information on these sites, nor for services or products offered by them. Use of such sites, including transmitting your personal data to them, is at your own risk. You should check the privacy policies (and other applicable terms and conditions) of these third-party sites.