Network with industry thought leaders, share your ideas, and get inspired.
LES represents a highly diverse community of more than 2,000 IP, business, and technology licensing professionals who collaborate across multiple industries to create a unique networking and learning environment.
We help our members better leverage intellectual property to grow their business and protect their intangible assets against risk through industry intelligence, engaging programming throughout the year, and standards development.
Membership is $395 a year; $55 for students.
Member benefits include:
- Networking and knowledge-sharing in a collegial atmosphere to enhance the business of intellectual property management, including licensing, and discover new business through these activities:
- LES Annual Meeting
- LES One-Day Meetings focused on hot intellectual property and licensing topics
- Chapter Events – LES has more than 40 chapters across the US and Canada
- Industry /Sector small group meetings
- Volunteering: work with your peers to help shape the future of LES
- Global business and legal resources to facilitate international negotiations and deal making, including:
- LES global membership directory of nearly 9,000 and IP licensing professionals
- Coveted industry benchmarking data including the latest Deal Terms, Royalty Rates Surveys, and compensation information
- Industry journals and publications covering the latest industry trends, developments, emerging issues and opportunities, including bi-weekly LES Insights e-newsletter; les Nouvelles, the leading global technology transfer and licensing journal; and quarterly Viewpoints, a member's newsletter with information about LES awards, events, chapters, members, and surveys
- Sector/Committee webinars featuring expert presentations that focus on emerging issues
- Educational courses and workshops to take your IP and licensing skills to the next level. Our exclusive virtual CLP Exam Review Course features over 12 hours of content prep, collaborative groups, interactive quizzes, discussion forums, and live documents. See the education calendar.
- Contribute to effective advocacy for strong IP protection to drive competitiveness, innovation, and economic growth through policy statements, position papers (including amicus briefs), and standards development.
- Online Career Center to discover new career opportunities or look for new talent for your company.
- Member Benefit Partners Program that provides discounts on business and travel services. Learn more.
LES members receive discounts on LES meetings, educational programs, and more!