LES Deals of Distinction Award
The LES Deals of Distinction Award (DDA) is an annual industry sector award program of LES (U.S.A. & Canada), which aspires to recognize worthy licensing deals and promote creative and innovative solutions to business issues involving contracts.
Each of the LES (U.S.A. & Canada) Industry Sector Committees has the option to make an award to whom they feel has completed the most deserving deal from within their field.
2018 Deals of Distinction Award Winners
- Chemicals, Energy, Environment & Materials (CEEM) Sector: Lightbridge Corp. (U.S.), Framatome, S.A. (France), and Framatome, Inc. (U.S.)— Enfission Joint Venture between Lightbridge and Framatome Formed to Commercialize a Game-Changing Nuclear Fuel Technology
- High Technology Sector (HTS): Blockstack—Blockstack’s $50 Million Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
- Industry-University-Government Interface (IUGI) Sector: The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, part of the National Institutes of Health and Serum Institute of India, Pvt. Ltd.— ROTASIIL®, a low-cost, temperature tolerant rotavirus vaccine for developing countries
- Life Sciences Sector: Pieris Pharmaceuticals and Astra Zeneca—Worldwide Preclinical Alliance for Antibody Mimics to Treat Respiratory DiseasesConsumer Products Sector: Ericsson and Micromax—Ericsson-Micromax Global Standards Essential Patent License Agreement
Of the deals announced in your industry over the past year, can you think of a worthy candidate?
Consider the criteria below and submit your information:
- The Award may be granted to a representative from each party of the selected deal wherein the transaction was announced in the past year and had a significant licensing component.
- Wherein further at least one party to the selected deal is an organization based in the territories of LES (U.S. or Canada).
- All types of licensing and technology transfer subject matter will be considered, and the selection criteria will include:
- Creative solution to the business issues,
- Novel structure for terms, and/or
- A deal that is seen as a "seismic event" and signals a major change for the art of licensing in your Industry Sector
(Other qualifications, such as LES membership, will be vetted by the DDA Awards Subcommittee.)
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2019 Deal of Distinction. Nominations close Friday, June 14th.