LES Deals of Distinction Award
The LES Deals of Distinction Award (DDA) is an annual industry sector award program of LES (U.S.A. & Canada), which aspires to recognize worthy licensing deals and promote creative and innovative solutions to business issues involving contracts.
Each of the LES (U.S.A. & Canada) Industry Sector Committees has the option to make an award to whom they feel has completed the most deserving deal from within their field.
2019 Deals of Distinction Award Winners
- Chemicals, Energy, Environment & Materials Sector: Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Commonwealth Fusion Systems -- MIT and Commonwealth Fusion Systems launch novel approach to fusion power
- High Technology Sector: Sisvel International S.A. and RPX Corporation -- "Aggregator meets Aggregator": Sisvel and RPX ink major Wi-Fi SEP licensing deal
- Industry-University-Government Interface Sector: Oregon Health & Science University and the University of Pittsburgh; Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. -- Rare pediatric disease dataset license
- Life Sciences Sector: Dicerna Pharmaceuticals and Eli Lilly and Company - Global licensing and research collaboration focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of RNAi therapies in cardio-metabolic disease, neurodegeneration and pain.
Of the deals announced in your industry over the past year, can you think of a worthy candidate?
Consider the criteria below and submit your information:
- The Award may be granted to a representative from each party of the selected deal wherein the transaction was announced in the past year and had a significant licensing component.
- Wherein further at least one party to the selected deal is an organization based in the territories of LES (U.S. or Canada).
- All types of licensing and technology transfer subject matter will be considered, and the selection criteria will include:
- Creative solution to the business issues,
- Novel structure for terms, and/or
- A deal that is seen as a "seismic event" and signals a major change for the art of licensing in your Industry Sector
(Other qualifications, such as LES membership, will be vetted by the DDA Awards Subcommittee.)
Nominations are open for the 2020 Deal of Distinction Award and are due by July 31st.