Connecting and Inspiring the Intellectual Capital Community
Call for Proposals for the 2019 Annual Meeting
October 20-23, 2019
We are pleased to announce that the planning committee for the LES 2019 Annual Meeting is now accepting proposals for workshop panels.
For over 50 years, the LES Annual Meeting has brought together a diverse group of professionals involved in all facets of licensing and managing intellectual assets to learn from each other and keep up with a constantly changing environment. In keeping with the theme of connecting and inspiring the intellectual capital community, LES members are invited to create and present workshop sessions for the benefit of fellow members and those new to the industry.
Commitment. Presenting a session at the LES Annual Meeting requires commitment to the organization on several levels:
- Educational – sessions must be of educational benefit to members, not promotional presentations
- Organizational – session leaders must secure speaker commitments, prepare presentation materials, and communicate logistics in a timely fashion. Please refer to the timeline below for specific expectations.
- Financial – workshop speakers are required to cover the cost of their participation by paying the registration fee.
As part of the submission process, you will be asked to acknowledge your agreement to following these commitments and conveying them to the presenters associated with your submission.
Session types and topics. Best practices, case studies and hot topics are sought in the traditional industry sectors as well as emerging areas.
In order to provide the best experience for attendees, presentations should bring a variety of viewpoints to a topic. One way to achieve that is to include representatives from a cross section of the LES membership, including but not limited to private industry, government, and academia; and, as appropriate, representing diverse perspectives, e.g., intellectual capital management, licensing, business development, legal, and regulatory viewpoints.
Selection. Proposals will be reviewed by peers on the organizing committee. Preference will be given to proposals that demonstrate:
- Complete panels with all requested content and speaker information
- Speakers from diverse professional settings
- Interactivity with attendees
- Applicable across industries
- Educational intent (not promotional presentations)
Due to time and space constraints, not all submissions can be selected for the meeting.
Requirements. Each session at the 2019 Annual Meeting, October 20-23, Phoenix, Arizona must comply with the following requirements:
- All moderators and speakers are responsible for all travel expenses and must register for the meeting and pay the registration fee.
- LES must be immediately notified in writing of any speaker changes, which are subject to approval by the Planning Committee. For presenters who must cancel, they must find a replacement speaker. Cancellations may impact future session selection.
- Each panel must include one (1) moderator and three (3) or four (4) speakers. No panel may have fewer than three (3) speakers.
- There can be no more than one person from the same organization on any panel.
- Each person can only participate in one session per meeting.
These conditions must be satisfied for session acceptance and maintained to make the final program. Non-conforming panels may be removed from the program.
Notification of acceptance will be sent to the submitter after the conclusion of review in March 2019. At that time, submitters will be notified by email of their acceptance.
- January 18, 2019 – Deadline for Priority Consideration of Proposal Submissions at 6 PM Eastern.
- February 15, 2019 – Final Deadline for Proposal Submissions at 6 PM Eastern, when system closes
- March 15, 2019 – Acceptance notifications sent via email to submitters
- April 1, 2019 – First draft of presentations due for review and comment
- September 15, 2019 – All presenters must be registered for the meeting
- September 20, 2019 – Final presentations due
For any questions about the LES Annual Meeting or the proposal submission process, please contact Ian DiBernardo, 2019 LES Annual Meeting Chair at email@example.com or Eleanor Nelson, LES Meetings Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your submissions. Thank you.