Leading Licensing Group Hosts Seattle Meeting May 14-16
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
What: For the first time, the Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A and Canada), Inc. will host its Spring Meeting in Seattle, drawing on the innovation hub’s rich and diverse business community for a powerhouse program featuring executive presenters from Adobe, Boeing, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, HP, Microsoft, Nike, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, PhaseBio, Starbucks, T-Mobile, 343i and other leading organizations.
In attendance will be IP-interested business executives, licensing leaders, representatives from federal and national labs and internationally-renowned foundations for a program that explores late-breaking developments, hot topics and trends impacting the business of IP and related dealmaking across the high tech, mobile, clean tech, life science, consumer products and gaming industries.
When: May 14-16, 2013
Where: W Seattle
To register: www.lesspring.org
Highlights: (Click here for the complete meeting program)
- Two keynote presentations: Ray Hatoyama, Vice Chairman of Sanrio, Japan’s leader in global licensing, will discuss Hello Kitty as a Global Licensing & Marketing Phenomenon. Todd Bishop, Co-Founder of one of Seattle's leading tech blogs: TechWire, will offer the Geek’s Guide to Seattle highlighting regional innovation and trends in the tech industry.
- Executives from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Allen Institute for Brain Science and the Infectious Disease Research Institute will present Solving the World’s Imminent Problems with Innovative Science.
- IBM, Intellectual Ventures, Microsoft and Weyerhaeuser IP leaders will share insights on Secondary Patent Market -- Trends and Practices
- Former Microsoft executive turned clean tech angel investor will share IP Perspectives from a Northwest Angel Investor.
- Leaders from Adobe, HP, Oracle and Autodesk will present West Coast Software Giants Focus on IP.
- Washington Research Foundation, Seattle Genetics, Cooley Godward, Ventures West Capital and PhaseBio executives will present Life Sciences: A Guide to Turning a Strategic Partnership into an Acquisition.
- An Ask the Expert session will offer unparalleled access to top industry leaders for those seeking licensing advice or to learn more.
- Networking receptions: a Networking Reception, sponsored by Intellectual Ventures, will be held at the Chihuly Garden and Glass on Wednesday, May 15. A Closing Reception will be hosted on Thursday, May 16 by the IP Section of the Washington State Bar Association.
- Top student entrepreneurs from across the globe will compete to win the LES Foundation’s 2013 International Graduate Student Business Plan Competition by showcasing their IP-based business plans. The Finals will be held May 13th and the winners will be announced Thursday, May 16. www.lesfoundation.org.
In addition, a series of workshops will cover a compelling array of topics from IP in the gaming industry and an Xbox Halo case study, to collaboration in China, ePayments and IP in mobile advertising.
# # #
MEDIA: For assistance with in-person or VIRTUAL meeting coverage contact Lydia Steck, (847) 323-3893 or TheCommunicator@comcast.net
About the Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada), Inc.
Established in 1965, the Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada), Inc. (LES) is a professional society comprised of over 4,500 members engaged in the transfer, use, development and marketing of technology and intellectual property. The LES membership includes a wide range of professionals, including business executives, lawyers, licensing consultants, engineers, academicians, scientists and government officials. Many large corporations, professional firms, and universities comprise the Society's membership. Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. & Canada), Inc. is a member society of the Licensing Executives Society International, Inc. (LESI), with a worldwide membership of more than 10,000 members in 32 national societies, representing over 90 countries. For more information on LES, see www.lesusacanada.org.