Licensing Executives Society Honors 14th Annual Deals of Distinction™ Award Winners at Annual Mtg
Monday, August 27, 2018
Recognized for Outstanding Achievements in the Field of Licensing Business Deals, LES Members to be Honored at LES 2018 Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony at Boston Marriott Copley Place
RESTON, VA—August 27, 2018—The Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A and Canada), Inc. (LES) today announced it will honor LES member companies in five industry sectors with its Deals of Distinction™ Award. The annual program is exclusively for outstanding IP-based business deals by LES members undertaken in the past year. Now in its fourteenth year, the Deals of Distinction Awards™ are presented to the best deals in the Chemicals, Energy, Environment & Materials (CEEM); High Technology (HTS); Industry University-Government Interface (IUGI); Life Sciences; and Consumer Products Sectors.
Award recipients will be honored at a ceremony during LES’ Annual Meeting Award Luncheon on Monday, October 15, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. at the Boston Marriott Copley Place.
“In today’s global economy, commercialization of intellectual property has the opportunity to drive growth across all business sectors, from traditional business products to non-core product technologies. This year’s award winners highlight LES member achievements across our current five sectors. Each recipient has made tremendous innovations within the licensing industry and we are proud to honor their success,” said LES CEO Kimberly S. Chotkowski. “From October 14-17, at our Annual Meeting in Boston, we look forward to a variety of ways to celebrate these deals and to hear from our members and speakers about the variety of topics impacting the Intellectual Capital Community. I offer a special thank you to the Deals of Distinction™ Award committee for highlighting the continued achievements of our LES members.”
This year’s award recipients from the following sectors will honored and will share details about their winning deals at the Award Luncheon:
- Chemicals, Energy, Environment & Materials (CEEM) Sector: Lightbridge Corp. (U.S.), Framatome, S.A. (France), and Framatome, Inc. (U.S.)— Enfission Joint Venture between Lightbridge and Framatome Formed to Commercialize a Game-Changing Nuclear Fuel Technology
- High Technology Sector (HTS): Blockstack—Blockstack’s $50 Million Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
- Industry-University-Government Interface (IUGI) Sector: The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, part of the National Institutes of Health and Serum Institute of India, Pvt. Ltd.— ROTASIIL®, a low-cost, temperature tolerant rotavirus vaccine for developing countries
- Life Sciences Sector: Pieris Pharmaceuticals and Astra Zeneca—Worldwide Preclinical Alliance for Antibody Mimics to Treat Respiratory Diseases
- Consumer Products Sector: Ericsson and Micromax—Ericsson-Micromax Global Standards Essential Patent License Agreement
All LES members attending the Annual Meeting are invited to attend the Award Luncheon. Additional information about the LES 2018 Annual Meeting and registration instructions can be found at www.lesmeetings.org/am18/. Previous honorees and award-winning deals can be found at www.lesusacanada.org/?dda.
About Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada), Inc.:
Established in 1965, Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada), Inc. [LES (U.S.A. and Canada)] is the industry leader for a professional society of over 3,000 members engaged in the creation, commercial development, and orderly transfer of intellectual property. LES (U.S.A. and Canada) members are comprised of accountants, consultants, lawyers, engineers, executives, and scientists. These members represent innovation-oriented enterprises of all sizes—such as government laboratories, professional services firms, global corporations and universities. LES (U.S.A. and Canada) is a member society of the Licensing Executives Society International, Inc. (LESI), which has 32 sister societies representing over 10,000 members in 90 countries. www.lesusacanada.org
Deputy Executive Director, COO