Meeting Home | Schedule | Featured Speakers | Presentations
- Mini-Plenary 5: Valuation – Titans of Licensing Moderated by Past President Michael Lasinski, CEO and Managing Director, 284 Partners
Ann Armstrong, Vice President, Legal and Corporate Affairs, Associate General Counsel, Director, Intellectual Property Standards Group, Intel Corp.
Andrew Ramer, Managing Director, Intellectual Property Division, Cantor Fitzgerald
John Veschi, CEO, Rockstar Intellectual Property
- Workshop 1: Hot Topic – "LES Standards"
Kimberly Chotkowski, IP Executive, Brandywine Ventures
Bill Elkington, Senior Director, Intellectual Property Management, Rockwell Collins, Inc. Steven Fricke, Assistant General Counsel, Microsoft Business Solutions
Greg Kisor, Chief Technologist, Global Licensing, Intellectual Ventures
Craig Moss, COO, CREATe.org
Charles (Chip) D. Murray, Managing Director, DuPont Intellectual Assets & Licensing
Jim Trueman, Managing Director, Ocean Tomo
David Wright, Patent CTO, Cypress Semiconductor
- Workshop 1: Life Sciences – "Transformative Co-Opetition Deals to Accelerate Innovation"
Ruth Plager, President, ZenithBIO LLC
Laura A. Brege, CEO, Nodality, Inc.
Jeffrey D. Jonker, Senior Vice President, Corporate and Business Development, Theravance
Margi McLoughlin, Ph.D., Executive Director in Worldwide Business Development, Pfizer, Inc.
William (Bill) J. Newell, CEO, Sutro Biopharma, Inc.
- Workshop 2: IUGI – "Technology Transfer Around the World: A Global Survey of Laws and Practices"
Rob McInnes, Partner, DibbsBarker (Sidney, Australia)
Sheena Jacob, Partner, ATMD Bird & Bird LLP (Singapore)
Dr. Tilman Müller-Stoy, Partner, Bardehle Pagenberg (Munich, Germany)
- Workshop 2: Hot Topic – "Financial Services – Emerging IP Issues"
Gary Bender, Managing Director, Unified Patents
Michael Gallagher, Head, Enterprise Patent Office, Wells Fargo & Company
Joseph Melnik, Counsel, Jones Day
Robert W. Rutherford, Vice President, Intellectual Property Management, JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Workshop 3: High Tech – "A Year After the GAO NPE Litigation Report: Its Impact on IP Industry and the Future of NPE Litigation"
Raymond Niro, Partner, Niro, Haller and Niro
- Workshop 3: IUGI – "Software Patents & Licensing: Today's Dramatically Changed Landscape"
Eugene Molinelli, Ph.D., Partner, Evans & Molinelli PLLC
Debbie Alexander, D.Phil., Senior Licensing Officer, University of California, San Francisco
Imelda Oropeza, Copyright Licensing & Marketing Specialist, Stanford University
David Stein, Partner, Cooper Law Group
- Workshop 3: Life Sciences – "Sharing the Crown Jewels: Getting Comfortable Disclosing Precious IP"
Ben Pensak, Partner, Business and Finance Practice, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
Mary Haak-Frendscho, CEO, Igenica Biotherapeutics, Inc.
Vishwanath (Vishu) Lingappa, Chief Technology Officer and Co-CEO, Prosetta Antiviral, Inc.
Emily Mason, Senior Counsel, Amgen
Jay Stamatis, Vice President, Commercial and Business Development, Acerta Pharma
- Workshop 3: Valuation / Legal – "LESI IP Valuation Committee Study on Royalty Rates & Deal Structures"
David Drews, President and Founder, IPmetrics
David Jarczyk, President and CEO, ktMINE
Dwight Olson, Principal Deposix and V3Data, Entreprenuer-In-Residence, Connect
- Workshop 4: High Tech – "Semiconductor Licensing in the Age of China and IoT"
Dale Ford, Chief Analyst, Head of Electronics & Semiconductor Research, IHS
Drew Fellows, Vice President, Licensing Processors, ARM Ltd.
Dana Hayter, Associate General Counsel – Technology Licensing, Intel Corp.
Changhae Park, Vice President, Intellectual Property Licensing, Freescale Semiconductor
Philippe Quinio, Group Vice President, Intellectual Property Sourcing & Strategy, STMicroelectronics
Phil Shaer, Sr. Vice President and General Counsel, Conversant IP Management
Stefan Tamme, Vice President, Intellectual Property Strategy, Rambus Inc
- Workshop 4: Hot Topic – "Cloud Computing: How is its Emergence Affecting Licensing?"
Julia Elvidge, President, Chipworks
Lesley Hamlin, Associate General Counsel, Citrix
Arvin Patel, Vice President, Intellectual Property and Licensing, Rovi Corporation
Krishan Pathiyal, Senior Director, Patent Strategy, Cisco Systems
- Workshop 4: Valuation / Legal – "Being FRAND-ly: Recent Developments and Strategies for Licensing and Litigating Standardized Technologies"
Steve Cherny, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
R. Scott Hauser, Deputy General Counsel, Intellectual Property, Ruckus Wireless
Leah Poynter, Senior Corporate Counsel, IP Litigation, Cisco Systems
- Workshop 5: IUGI – "Research and Academia: What to Do if Your IP is Being Infringed"
- Research Organizations – Considerations for Assertion and Litigation
Walter G. Copan, Ph.D., President, Copan Associates, LCC / EnergyInsight, LLC
- Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation and Patent Litigation
Carl Gulbrandsen, Ph.D., J.D., Managing Director, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation
Katharine Ku, CLP, Director, Technology Licensing, Stanford University
- Infringement, Enforcement
Carol Mimura, Ph.D., RTTP, Assistant Vice Chancellor, IP & Industry Research Alliances (IPIRA), University of California, Berkeley
- Workshop 6: High Tech – "2014 LES High Tech Sector Royalty Rate & Deal Terms Survey: Preliminary Analysis and Results"
Bob Held, Trustee and Vice President, Intellectual Asset Management, TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
Jack Lu, Panel Coordinator; Partner & Chief Economist, IP Market Advisory Partners
- Workshop 6: Life Sciences – "Partnering Prenuptials: Assessing Value and Translating Priorities into Deal Terms"
Hemmie Chang, Chair, Licensing & Strategic Alliances Group, Foley Hoag
Chris Krueger, Independent Biotechnology Consultant (Formerly with Ardea Biosciences)
Neela Patel, Director, External Research, AbbVie
Paul Stone, General Counsel & COO, 5AM Ventures
- Workshop 6: Valuation / Legal – "Top 10 Court Decisions of 2014 Affecting Licensing"
Russell E. Levine, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Workshop 7: IUGI – "Developing a Cultural Bridge into a Knowledge Based Economy: The World of Research, Intellectual Property and Licensing as it is Evolving in Some Eastern European and Middle Eastern Countries"
John McEntire, Director, IP Commercialization, Qatar Foundation (Doha, Qatar)
Sheikha Al Akhzami, Acting Director, Innovation Affairs Department, Sultan Qaboos University (Muscat, Oman)
Erik Stenehjem, Ph.D., Executive Director, IP & Technology Transfer, Qatar Foundation (Doha, Qatar)
Ebru Tan, M.B.A., Director, Research Project Development and Technology Transfer, Koc University (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Workshop 7: Valuation / Legal – "Who Wins When Loser Pays: The Impact on Litigation Incentives and Patent Value"