IP Business Development for Life Sciences
Two-Day Course, October 19-20
This new, highly interactive, intensive, one-day course focuses on IP licensing for executives in the Life Sciences sectors and segments. It is taught through a combination of case studies, presentations, and group discussions, and provides an integrated view on licensing transactions or deals, including early-stage licensing within universities, pharmaceutical, and other biotech organizations. This course is developed and taught by world-class licensing experts, and includes legal, valuation, and business specialists.
Who Should Attend
This hands-on course is designed to provide advanced skills and tools for experienced licensing executives in the Life Sciences sector, including, but not limited to, pharmaceutical, biotech, biomedical devices, and diagnostics and genomics segments. Specifically, this course would help you advance your career if your role involves:
- IP patent protection (copyrights, trade secrets, know how, and trademarks)
- Licensing transactions
- License options and deals
- Technology transfer
- Materials transfer agreements
- Business development
You need to have at least three years of solid working knowledge in one or more of the above areas in licensing transactions or deals.
We also require that you have taken one of the following LES courses within the last three years:
- IP and Licensing Basics 100
- IP Business Basics 101
- Best Practices in Licensing: Developing, Negotiating, and Executing Transactions
- Advanced Course: IP Licensing for Business Development (200)
Why You Should Attend
Whether it relates to intellectual property law, ethical considerations, materials transfer, valuation, or business development, this course will be applicable to your role. You will be able to:
- Identify legal/ethical issues in licensing transactions for life sciences
- Recognize due diligence areas to confirm legal, technical, and business representations of parties
- Identify valuation and deal structures depending on the stage of development
- Identify frequently asked questions, challenges, and common themes in material transfer agreements as viewed by different parties signing the agreement
- Discuss the findings of the LES Life Sciences Royalty Rate and Deal Terms Survey
- This course contains the following modules specific to Life Sciences:
- Material Transfer Agreements
- Valuation Assumptions and Examples
- IP Protection and Legal/Ethical IP Issues
- LES Royalty Rate Survey Results
Member Rate - $1295.00
Non-Member Rate - $1495.00
Student Rate - $999.00
Group rates available for parties of 3 or more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
*Note: LES is an approved MCLE/CLE provider by the State Bars of California and Pennsylvania. LES applies to additional states when possible.
CANCELLATION and REFUND POLICY:
All registration cancellation and refund requests must be made in writing no later than 30 days from the start of the education session. A refund of all fees, minus a $150 administration fee, will be given for cancellations received by September 19, 2019. No refunds will be granted for requests postmarked after 30 days out from the start of the education session.
Submit all requests to LES Education Registration via email at email@example.com. LES regrets that refunds will not be given for no-shows. All requests for exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy must be submitted in writing by the registrant with appropriate documentation no later than 30 days prior to the start of the session. After that time, no refund considerations will be made.
A transfer of your full registration to another individual is permitted prior to the conference by submitting written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Onsite transfers must be accompanied by proof of the original confirmation letter. The individual submitting the transfer request is responsible for all financial obligations (any balance due) associated with that substitution. Funds from this program cannot be transferred to another education session without prior management approval.
By registering for this event, you permit LES to use photographs of you with or without your name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content.