Emerging Enterprises Committee Webinar
Vaccinating BioPharma/Device Product Licensing and Acquisition Deals: Advanced Operational Issues in Pharma product licensing and acquisition
Monday, August 20, 2018
12:00 - 1:00 p.m. (Eastern)
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Central)
10:00 - 11:00 a.m. (Mountain)
9:00 - 10:00 a.m. (Pacific)
Product licensing, acquisition, and partnering transactions are the lifeblood of bio/pharma and medical device companies. Most business development teams and counsel understand the IP and other common transactional issues. Once the deal is signed, however, operational issues spring to the forefront and cause many disappointments and disputes. When not well considered, they can make issue prevention, resolution or deal unwinding very difficult. This webinar will overview some common operational issues typically missed or misunderstood in agreements with real-life examples.
• Product Transfer, Supply, and Supply Assurance – where are the hidden issues and mythological rights
• FDA Issues in Product Transfer – what are you buying, what are you getting, where can it go wrong
• Distribution transition – can you keep or escape the channel and its currents
• Reimbursement – what needs to happens in the handoff, what can happen
• Indemnification and Insurance – whose tail is covered
• Windup and exit -- why cold stops don’t work for anyone
Gary Gamerman, President, Seraphim Life Sciences
Gary Gamerman, President of Seraphim Life Sciences, is an experienced business development and operations and regulatory executive and attorney. Over the last 30 years he has been involved in a wide -range of roles in Bio/Pharma and device product development, FDA compliance, commercialization, manufacturing, distribution, business development, licensing, acquisition and partnering. He has negotiated, drafted and implemented a wide range of product deals from simple licenses to complex marketing, co-development and co-promotion programs. He also has served as an expert witness and arbitrator in multiple disputes.