Volunteer Code of Conduct
Get back what you give.
The Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada) (LES) relies on the generous contributions of its members to further the Society’s mission. Any member who offers to share time and talent with LES is considered a volunteer and agrees to uphold the values of the Society and abide by the following guidelines.
- I will demonstrate commitment to the Society by keeping my membership current and upholding the LES Rules of Conduct for Members.
- I will adhere to the bylaws, policies, and procedures as set by the LES Board of Trustees and ask questions if I need clarification.
- I understand that my time is a gift for which LES is grateful, and I will not receive payment for my activities with the Society. Any expenses incurred on behalf of the Society must be approved for reimbursement before they are incurred.
- I will honor my commitments and attend conference calls and meetings as required by my volunteer position.
- I will be honest about my time constraints and communicate any changes with the appropriate volunteer leader or staff liaison.
- I take responsibility for understanding what is expected of me and will read the materials provided to me and attend any training that will help me succeed.
- I am committed to the success of the Society and will offer suggestions for improvement when I see them and participate in constructive conversations for the betterment of the Society.
- I understand that I represent the Society and my actions will influence other’s perceptions of LES. However, I am not an official spokesperson for the Society and will direct all official inquires to the LES office or President.
- I will work to advance the mission and goals of the Society and not my personal agenda. I will also inform LES volunteer leaders of any potential conflicts of interest as soon as I am aware of them, or excuse myself from the related activity.
- I value my colleagues and peers, and will treat members and staff with respect and professional courtesy at all times.