The functions of the Technology Transfer Seminar Committee are:
- Recommend, prepare and present seminar programs for LES (USA and Canada) members and the professional technology transfer and licensing community to advance further education, knowledge, and information exchange of the technology transfer and licensing functions. The programs are designed to serve the needs of those new in the area, providing a fundamental understanding of intellectual property and the licensing process, and to enhance the skills of current practitioners focusing on selected areas of topical interest.
- Survey past seminar graduates and LES (USA and Canada) members for comments and recommendations on program content and relevancy.
- Define number, timing, location and class size for the course year.
- Recommend annual seminar programs to LES (USA and Canada) Board of Trustees for approval.
- Prepare budget guidelines for the courses including: promotion, facilities, materials, and management.
- Invite and arrange participation by LES (USA and Canada) members and other licensing professionals as speakers and course leaders.
- Manage course programs and costs to achieve educational and budget objectives.