The function of the Communications Committee is to oversee all communications by the Society, including LES Insights, Viewpoints, the Annual Report, and any other publications and promotions, both print and electronic, prepared by the Society. The Committee has the following functions:
- Oversee and manage the overall LES (USA & Canada) brand to ensure its integrity.
- Develop tailored communications and messaging that resonates with LES (USA & Canada) sectors and committees.
- Review and make recommendations regarding marketing and communications plans for meetings, members, education, sponsorship and chapters.
- Periodically review communications from the Society, including LES Insights, Viewpoints, press releases and other publications and promotions.
- Recommend articles and content for LES Insights, les Nouvelles, and Viewpoints, including summaries of presentations delivered at meetings and other society events.
- Oversee LES Insights Editorial Board activities, including article submissions, reviews, and recommendations.
- Oversee the LES (USA & Canada) website, as well as social media and other new media plans and initiatives
- Serve as a communications and content resource for the LES (USA & Canada) Board of Directors, committees, and membership.