Licensing Executives Society (USA & Canada) to Host Summit of Global IP Market Leaders Oct. 5-8
Monday, September 29, 2014
Licensing Executives Society (USA & Canada) to Host Summit of Global IP Market Leaders Oct. 5-8 in San Francisco Covering Developments and New Strategies that are Driving the Industry’s Evolution and Dealmaking across Sectors
SAN FRANCISCO, September 29, 2014—The Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada), Inc., 50th Annual Meeting October 5-8 in San Francisco will bring over 700 intellectual property, licensing and business development leaders from 18 countries to Silicon Valley to discuss the evolving IP ecosystem, and innovative tools and strategies for driving dealmaking now and in the future. View full meeting program (sessions listed by industry sector).
The dynamic 6-track program will cover hot topics in High Tech; Life Science; Consumer Products; Valuation/Legal; Industry/University/Government; and, Chemicals/Energy/Environment/Materials. Interactive industry-specific workshops, roundtable discussions and networking opportunities will be led by global business leaders representing organizations such as AbbVie, Adobe, ARM, BP, Celgene, Cisco Systems, Eli Lilly, Exxon Mobil, Google, Intel, Lenovo, LOT Network, Merck, Microsoft, MIT, Nest Labs, Pfizer, Qualcomm, and Sony, among others. Click for a list of organizations attending.
Other highlights include:
- Titans of IP Licensing: Past LES presidents join notable experts from leading organizations to host sector-specific panels and roundtable discussions offering insider perspectives on timely issues and developments:
- Hot Topic: LOT Network insiders, including leaders from Pure Storage, SAP and Canon share perspectives on formation of the innovative Network and its impact on the IP space.
- High Tech: Leaders from Sony, Microsoft, Adobe, Qualcomm, United Technologies and the SAS Institute discuss challenges facing their organizations and expectations for hot topics in 2015.Life Science and
- Industry/University/Government: The Managing Director of Bay City Capital, along with leaders from Celgene and Stanford will explore new paradigms of drug development, including where innovation will come from in the future and who will finance it.
- Valuation: Titans from Intel Corp and Rockstar Intellectual Property among others discuss critical transactions that have shaped how organizations approach patent sales, how the best address patent stacking, FRAND issues, and perspectives on how the marketplace will continue to grow in the year ahead.
- LES Deals of Distinction™ Awards will be presented to Google, Lenovo, MacroGenics, Gilead Sciences, the Canadian Oil Sands Innovation Alliance, FDA, NIH, PATH, and the Serum Institute of India for orchestrating the year's most outstanding licensing deals. Several winning dealmakers will provide exclusive insights on their transactions, including the High Tech workshop, 'Deep Dive Analysis: Understanding the Google (Motorola Mobility) PC and Smartphone Deal with Lenovo.'
- Keynote Speakers:
- Andrea Ingram – Vice President, Education, Center for the Advancement of Science Education, Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago will present 'Building the Foundation for Inventions and Inventors of the Future - How Do We Inspire Our Kids to Achieve Their Full Potential in Science, Technology, Mathematics and Engineering.'
- Quentin Hardy – Award-winning journalist, Silicon Valley insider and newlyappointed Deputy Technology Editor for the New York Times will present 'Price and Value in the New Technology Landscape.'
- Top 10 Court Decisions of 2014 Affecting Licensing will identify developments in the law that might impact how license and technology transfer agreements are drafted and/or negotiated.
- Silicon Valley-related sessions include, 'Silicon Valley Successful Deal Strategies: Behind Closed Doors;' 'A View from the Top: IP Strategies from Silicon Valley's Largest Companies;' 'How the Internet is Doctoring a Change in Healthcare;' and, 'Video Game Licensing.'
- LES/LESI Global Life Science and High Tech Royalty Rate and Deal Terms surveys will be presented along with analysis of new findings and compelling trends gleaned from the investigation of thousands of licensing agreements.
For more information on the meeting or to register visit www.lesannual.org.
# # #
About the Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada), Inc. Established in 1965, the Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada), Inc. (LES) is a professional society comprised of nearly 4,000 members engaged in the transfer, use, development and marketing of intellectual property. The LES membership includes a wide range of professionals, including business executives, lawyers, licensing consultants, engineers, academicians, scientists and government officials. Many large corporations, professional firms, and universities comprise the Society's membership. Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. & Canada), Inc. is a member society of the Licensing Executives Society International, Inc. (LESI), with a worldwide membership of more than 10,000 members in 32 national societies, representing over 90 countries. For more information on LES, see www.lesusacanada.org.