West Coast: Hub of Innovation
This year’s Spring Meeting will take place for the very first time in Seattle—the largest city in the Pacific Northwest region. Often associated with high tech and Silicon Valley, the Pacific NW and West Coast is, in actuality, an amazingly diverse region. Clean energy, national labs, world-renowned foundations, biotech behemoths, startups, and more populate the area.
The 2013 Spring Meeting, to be held on May 14–16 in Seattle, will draw upon the rich resources, diversity, and expertise these West Coast organizations have to offer to present attendees with an exciting and innovative program for all industry sectors.
Seattle Hosts Licensing Executives Society
2013 SPRING MEETING PHOTO GALLERY
LES (USA & Canada) President Tanya K. Moore Shares Her Top 5 Reasons to Attend the LES Spring Meeting
Managing Director, Strategy and Overseas Division
Thursday, May 16 from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM
Hello Kitty as a Global Licensing & Marketing Phenomenon
Sanrio is Japan’s leading company in global licensing with products available in over 109 countries. Sanrio’s success has been drawing a lot of attention, so much so that it was featured in a special documentary aired in May of 2012 by Japanese public broadcaster NHK. A key figure involved in this success is Ray Hatoyama, who took the company's Hello Kitty brand worldwide, and he will speak about his experiences. His talk will cover themes such as Sanrio’s focus on globalizing its business in recent years, the localization of its operations worldwide, and the strong growth in global licensing.
Watch a CNBC interview with Ray Hatoyama here.
Highlights from a Highly Diverse and Innovative Program
For more detailed program info, click here.
- Solving the World's Imminent Problems with Innovative Science
- Secondary Patent Market - Trends and Practices
- IP Perspectives from a Northwest Angel Investor
- West Coast Software Giants Focus on IP
- Life Sciences: A Guide to Turning a Strategic Partnership into an Acquisition
Gain Expertise from the World's Leading Organizations
- Allen Institute for Brain Science
- Aruze Gaming America
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- California Technology Ventures
- Infectious Disease Research Institute
- Intellectual Ventures
- John Deere
- Juniper Networks
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Northwest Energy Angels
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Seattle Genetics
- WMS Gaming
- and more...