The High Tech Sector's Automotive and Aerospace Committee Presents:
The Internet of Automobiles and the Patents that are Driving It
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Eastern Time
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Central Time
11:00 am- 12:00 pm Mountain Time
10:00 am - 11:00 am Pacific Time
Murari Venkataraman – Technology Director – Relecura
Murari has a PhD from The University of Texas, Austin. His primary experience comes from working at different start-ups, helping to create and build-out digital media, services, and applications. He also has experience in business consulting, engineering & manufacturing, and research & development.
Since its advent, the automobile has been the preserve of an array of mechanical technologies. More recently, electrical and electronic advances have found their way into this sector. The pace of change in recent years however has been especially rapid. These recent changes have been driven by a host of novel technologies that have in turn given rise to new services and business models for the sector.
The automotive sector has been an early adopter and beneficiary of various digital technologies, giving rise to what could be described as the ‘Internet of Automobiles’ (IoA). This webinar will focus on the intellectual property, primarily the patents, behind the digital technologies being incorporated into the automotive sector – both within vehicles and into the ecosystem.
• Understand the ecosystem changes in the automotive sector and how this is impacting business strategy, M&A and R&D efforts of the various players.
• Get an overview of the technologies being incorporated into automobiles and the automotive ecosystem, and study the corresponding landscape and taxonomy of patents driving IoA.
• Track the top patent holders and filing trends in each of the IoA patent categories.
• Get an insight into where high-quality patents reside in the overall IoA patent taxonomy.
• Finally, we will list some takeaways on adapting to these changes in terms of business and IP strategies.
LES Members Price: FREE!