LES Seattle Chapter presents:
An Overview of Licensing Executive Society Standards (Zoom viewing and Networking at Sonos)
(Lunch and Beverages)
****Please note that Bill Elkington will not be presenting in-person at Sonos, he will be presenting through a Zoom weblink that onsite participants will watch at Sonos or, alternatively, can watch remotely from their own computer.****
The presentation will cover LES Standards: a Basic Description, Purpose, Importance, Examples, and How to get involved. Additional topics for discussion during and following the presentation include:
- Examples where a lack of standards led to poor deals being done.
- What changes do we expect to see in the behaviors/negotiation tactics of licensing professionals (faster or better deals, fewer “divorces” of licensor and licensee).
- Ways LES anticipates addressing instances of gross non-compliance with the standards.
- Whether or not there will be a relationship between the standards and earning the CLE credential.
- Whether or not there should be different standards for different industries.
- How to mentor newcomer licensing professionals to live up to the standards.
President & Board Chair, Licensing Executives Society (USA & Canada)
Senior Director, IP Management, Rockwell Collins
|At Rockwell Collins, Bill Elkington has provided leadership in multiple dimensions of IP management for the past 12 years including:
• The application of IP protection, valuation, business relationship, and transaction strategy to business strategy;
• Enterprise policy, procedure, training, tools, and change management strategies to protect IP and to enhance value extraction in business relationships; and
• The development and application of metrics and standards to the areas of IP protection and IP transactions.
Rockwell Collins is an aviation and high-integrity solutions company that supplies its commercial products and services to military customers world-wide.
Mr. Elkington has served on the LES (USA & Canada) Board of Trustees as the Public Policy/Regional VP, USA and is Co-chair of the LES Standards initiative, whose purpose is to develop standards for the field of IP management.
He also is a member of the Aerospace Industries Association, Intellectual Property Committee, where he works on education and policy issues with colleagues from other aerospace companies, specifically regarding software and data rights in Department of Defense contracting.
Mr. Elkington is regarded as a thought leader in the field of IP management, having written many articles for IAM Magazine and having been the subject of several round-table interview articles written by others for IAM. He is also a member of the IAM Strategy 300, an elite global group of IP strategists.
Prior to joining Rockwell Collins, Mr. Elkington was co-founder and VP of Program Management at MeshNetworks, a wireless startup company established to commercialize ITT's novel communications technology. MeshNetworks was sold to Motorola in 2004. Prior to joining MeshNetworks, he held positions in IP management, technology marketing, strategic and operations planning, and program management in ITT's Aerospace/Communications Division (A/CD) and General Electric R&D organizations.
DATE/TIME LOCATION (Viewing via Zoom &
Tuesday, December 12, 2017 Networking)
11:30 am - 1:00 pm Pacific Sonos
Bullitt Center 1501 E. Madison St., Ste. 400
Seattle, WA 98122
(Please note that Zoom login information
will be available in and alternate event.) REGISTRATION
Through December 10, 2017
LES Members: $20
After December 10, 2017 and Onsite
LES Members: $25
The Seattle chapter uses online registration for members and non-members and accepts payment by credit card. Members should login to the registration page with their LES online account.
A $5.00 cancellation fee is applied to all refunds. Cancellations are non-refundable after December 10. Substitutions will be accepted. Contact LES at (703) 234-4058 for assistance.
Requests for ADA accommodations and special dietary needs should be submitted to the event contact listed at the top of the page.
By registering for this event, you permit LES and its chapters to use photographs of you with or without your name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content.