DATE & TIME
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
11:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Presentation 12:30 PM
The LOT Network: A proactive tool to address the growing problem of Patent Assertion Entity litigation
Kevin Prey, Board Member, SAP
Rodger Sadler, Advisory Board Member, Canon
Eric Schulman, Board Member, Uber
Ken Seddon, CEO, LOT Network
Despite the efforts of patent reform including the resulting popularity of post-grant challenges at the USPTO and recent Supreme Court cases (e.g., CLS v. Alice), ligation from Patent Assertion Entities (PAEs) remains pervasive with over 2,700 new PAE patent lawsuits filed last year against operating companies (note: those are in addition to the 4,200 litigations already pending). Even more alarming, based on Q1 data, 2015 will have more litigation initiated from PAEs than in 2014. LOT Network was formed last year as a defensive tool to address the growing problem of PAE litigation.
LOT Network is a non-profit organization that is proactively addressing the rising problem of PAEs. LOT Network is a community of small and large, domestic and international, and public and privately held companies. At a high level, the LOT Network member companies have agreed in advance to grant all other members a license to any patents they later sell with carve outs for particular M&A events. There are already more than 325,000 patent assets in the program. Come listen to a panel comprising some of LOT’s Board of Directors as well as industry experts discussing all aspects of LOT Network and why it can provide a significant benefit for your company
- State of PAE litigation in 2015: The problem has not gone away
- Origins: Genesis of LOT Network
- How LOT Network works
- How the Asian and European communities have reacted to LOT
- What does LOT membership mean for M+A due diligence for both buyers and sellers
- Why LOT Network agreement will survive bankruptcy.
- How companies can use LOT Network to reduce indemnification risk in their supply chain.
- Why small companies should join LOT
- Why LOT membership is complimentary to RPX, Unified, AST, etc.
- LOT Network offers best-in-class/great ROI
- FAQ’s by GC’s and corporate attorneys
3 Embarcadero Center, 20th Floor
San Francisco, CA
Parking available in any Embarcadero Center: $32 parking for the day or $3 per 15 minutes. There are parking lots in the vicinity for approximately $15-18 for the day.
LES Members: $40
Lunch included with registration fee
Online Registration Deadline: Tuesday, May 26 at noon
No refunds after May 22
Substitutions are permitted